Many good books are available. These are a few of my favorites.
Young children under the age of six
• The Dead Bird by Margaret Wise Brown.
School aged children
• The Tenth Good Thing About Barney by Judith Viorst.New York: MacMillan.
• How It Feels When A Parent Dies by Jill Krementz .New York: Random House.
• My Memory Book: A Journal for Grieving Children by Gretchen Gaines-Lane.
• When Dinosaurs Die: a Guide to Understanding Death by K.B. Brown and Brown, M. Boston: Little, Brown and Co.
• Learning to Say Goodbye: When a Parent Dies by Eda LeShan.New York: Avon.
• Fire in My Heart, Ice in My Veins: A Journal for Teenagers Experiencing A Loss by E.S.Traisman.
The Centering Corporation
Chi Rho Press
National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO.org)